Chat - Online Tutoring
Welcome to Ask a Teacher's chat rooms, where you can chat with an online tutor and get live homework help in math, science, or English! Our tutors are experienced Ontario-certified teachers who are ready, willing and able to help.
Free to Ontario students.
Sorry we're closed
Next chat:In 12 hours and 47 minutes.
Ask a Teacher offers tutoring in English and sciences for grades 9-12 and math for grades 11-12. Please visit Homework Help for grade 9-10 math tutoring after September 25, 2011.
The chat rooms are open Sunday to Thursday, 5:30 p.m. ET to 9:30 p.m. ET, except during holidays. Reduced hours during summer.
Find out when there are tutors who can help with the subjects you want. Check the Chat Schedule.
How to Use the Chat
- Once you register with ILC, you can use the chat rooms whenever they're open.
- Your questions must be related to a topic in the Ontario high school curriculum.
- You can ask about: math, science, or English, according to the subject of the chat room you are in.
- Ask specific and complete questions - you will get better answers.
- Be respectful of the tutors' time. It will help if you're prepared with your questions and stay focused.
- Be respectful of your fellow students' time. Tutors will normally help with one question at a time from each student. This allows them to help as many students as possible.
- Remember that the tutor is trying to help you. A simple "thank you" goes a long way!
- If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tutors do not have access to ILC course materials, so they won't know specific content in your course (for instance, what's on page 112 of your course book). They can help with key educational concepts and problems. For more ILC support, please see Getting help with ILC courses.
- If you have problems with the chat, please review the System Guidelines.