"Documents" are those documents available online (such as PDF files) found on TVO's Independent Learning Centre ("ILC") Web site pages (including those sites and pages under each of the ILC banners (collectively, the "Site") access of which are subject to specific authorized use restrictions as outlined in the "Authorized Use" section below. Expressly excluded from this definition of "Documents" are the layout and design of the Site or any logos, graphics, sounds or images contained herein ("Site's IP"). The Site's IP are protected by law and may not be reproduced or distributed without the express authorization of TVO. For greater clarity, all content on the Site (including the Site's IP and original content written by TVO) is property of TVO or its content suppliers and is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws.
"Account" refers to the account that will be set up for each User to enable him or her to access the Service. Each User will be prompted to select and remember a password and a user name in order to activate the Account. Users are entirely responsible for all activities that occur through use of their Accounts. Accounts are not transferable, and passwords and user names should be kept confidential.
Use Of Site And Service
Acceptance Of Terms Through Use
The Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
TVO authorizes users to view, print and copy Documents on this Site provided they are used solely for informational, personal, non-commercial purposes and provided also that any copies or excerpts of Documents are reproduced with the same copyright and/or proprietary notices as appear on the original. Modifying the Documents in any way is expressly prohibited.
TVO may block, suspend, disable or terminate an Account and terminate and prevent further access rights to the Service if
- passwords or user names contain language deemed by TVO to be profane, defamatory, obscene, lewd, indecent, sexually-explicit, lascivious, violent, threatening, harassing, abusive or hateful, or otherwise inappropriate and objectionable
- use of the Site and/or Service violates local, provincial or national laws
Submissions, Comments And Feedback
All questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, concepts, techniques, data, materials or information ("Feedback") furnished by users is deemed non-confidential and shall not give rise to any obligation on the part of TVO. TVO may reproduce, perform, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works from, and/or distribute any Feedback and may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, data or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, which may include but is not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that incorporate such ideas, concepts, know-how, data or techniques, and this without incurring any obligation toward the user providing such Feedback.
Linking to the Independent Learning Centre Site
Linking to the Independent Learning Centre Site is allowed on condition that the linking websites do not:
- replicate content contained in this Site
- create a frames or border environment or browser around content contained in this Site
- contain false or misleading information regarding TVO's products or services, misrepresent its relationship with TVO, or imply that TVO endorses or sponsors the linker or the linker's products or services
- use TVO's logos, trade-marks or trade names and other intellectual property belonging to TVO without prior written permission from TVO
- contain content that could be construed as obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, or inappropriate for all ages;
- contain materials that would violate any laws.
Use of Communication Services
The Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable a user to communicate with the public at large or with a group or to other users who have become registered members of the Site (collectively, "Communication Services"). Each user hereby agrees to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example only, and not as a limitation, each user agrees that when using a Communication Service, he or she will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
TVO has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, TVO reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. TVO reserves the right to terminate any user's access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
TVO reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in TVO's sole discretion.